Our solid core doors are access doors with a timber core, finished with timber sheets and internal or external grade edge strips.
Solid Core Doors Description
The solid core door is a multi-purpose door ideal for internal and external use in industrial, commercial and residential applications throughout Australia.
Solid core doors feature timber strips used to form a frame around material options ranging from polystyrene and MR particleboards to external grade HMR. Varying finishes provide a professional look while maintaining functionality, durability and security.
Solid core doors from Spartan Doors can accommodate any type of hardware which can be fitted upon request. Vision panels and air grille options are also available. Framing selections depend on single or double width and swing choice.
Solid Core Door Applications
Warehouses, basement offices, schools, maintenance facilities, hospitals, residential units, shopping centres.
Solid Core Door Finishes
The standard finish on solid core doors is ply sheet. Other finishes available include MDF, duracote and veneer. Metal sheets with thicknesses up to 1.5mm can be used to increase durability and security.
Solid Core Door Specifications
- Based on standard door configuration. Other size, finish, frame and hardware options are available.
- Size: Single – 2040mm high x 820mm wide x 35mm thick (internal). 2040mm high x 920mm wide x 40mm thick (external).
- Double – 2040mm high x 820/820mm wide x 35mm thick (internal). 2040mm high x 920/920mm wide x 40mm thick (external).
- Design: Incorporates 35mm wide internal edge strips to form a frame around the core in compliance with AS2688.
- Finish: Ply Sheet.
- Core: External grade HMR timber.
- Weight: 40mm leaf – 40KG.
Solid Core Door Diagram
To Specify Spartan Solid Core Doors
Door shall be Spartan Solid Core Door to AS2688 standard, 40mm thick standard door leaf of HMR timber covered with ply sheet. Timber edge strip to surround core material.
Other hardware can be fitted by Spartan Doors as specified.