Our Life Safety Doors have smoke leakage certification that complies with AS1905.1 & tested in accordance with AS 1530.4-2005 & AS1530.7-2007.
Life Safety Doors Description
Life safety doors are sometimes referred to as smoke doors. Today most fire engineered buildings not only include requirements for fire rated doors but also for smoke control and management with the use of life safety doors.
Our life safety doors provide measurable and quantifiable smoke resistance that complies with AS1905.1 and is tested in accordance with AS 1530.4-2005 & AS1530.7-2007. Our fire safety doors also function as acoustic doors and have a minimum Rw rating of not less than 31 Rw.
Door leaves use hardwood timber strips to form a frame around a fire resistant vermiculite core. They are manufactured in accordance with AS1530 part 4, and are certified to AS1905 part 1 of the building code standards.
Our line of life safety doors features quality Kilargo door seals and perimeter seals.
Life Safety Door Applications
Hotels, residential units, schools, public buildings, office blocks, hospitals, shopping centres.
Life Safety Door Finishes
The standard finish on life safety doors is ply sheet. Other finishes available include MDF, Duracote, and veneer. Metal sheets with thicknesses up to 1.5mm can be used to increase durability and security.
Life Safety Door Specifications
- Based on standard door configuration. Other sizes, finish, frame and hardware options are available.
- Size: Single – 2040mm high x 820mm wide x 36mm thick (internal 1-hour). 2040mm high x 920mm wide x 45mm thick (external 2-hour).
- Double – 2040mm high x 920/920mm wide x 45mm thick (external 2-hour).
- Design: Incorporates 10mm wide external hardwood edge strips to form a frame around the core in compliance with AS1530 part 4 and AS1905 part 1.
- Door finished thickness nominal Mini door leaf 37mm and Maxi door leaf 47mm
- Steel Frame Rebate Size: Mini 40mm x 25mm and Maxi 50mm x 25mm
- Minimum hinge requirements: 3 Hinges
- Steel frame to be backfilled with concrete or mortar into a masonry wall, plasterboard strips & plaster into a plasterboard wall
- Complies with AS1905.1 & tested in accordance with AS 1530.4-2005 & AS1530.7-2007
- Finish: Ply Sheet.
- Core: Vermiculite Sheet.
- Weight: 46mm leaf – 40KG. 38mm leaf – 32KG.
Life Safety Door Leaf Diagram
With Kilargo HP2512BW or IS1212 or IS7025Si Perimeter Seal
With Kilargo IS8010Si Threshold Seal
To Specify Spartan Life Safety Doors
Door shall be Spartan Life Safety Door to AS1905.1 and tested in accordance with AS 1530.4-2005 & AS1530.7-2007. 46mm or 38mm thick standard door leaf of vermiculite covered with ply sheet. Timber internal edge strip to surround core material. Kilargo perimeter and threshold seal installed.
Other hardware and seals can be fitted by Spartan Doors as required.
Life Safety Doors Downloads
Here at Spartan Doors, we provide the highest quality life safety doors to help increase security at your home, office, or warehouse in Newcastle, Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane, Australia.